Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another week has come and gone! It was busy, busy, busy. I'm still looking at my calendar thinking of the week ahead and how I can't possibly fit all of the stuff I want to do into the few hours of the week I have left.

This week I worked my usual schedule, which meant I actually had 2 days off. The last 3 weeks in a row I've worked a 6th day, which meant I got some overtime, but lost a day to rest. It all adds up after a while, and it was nice to have days away from work, even if I did still have stuff to do other places. This weekend was especially nuts. 3 shows on Friday, an audition Friday night, 4 shows at Nemo on Saturday, then I ran like crazy over to the Hollywood Studios to meet up with Mulch, Sweat and Shears to do a Festival Disney gig. Today I was up at 7:30, went to church, worked the last 2 shows at Nemo and stayed late for a rehearsal. Luckily Rob Lott was in charge of the rehearsal, so we were out of there as soon as possible.

The gig over at the Studios was pretty fun. Festival Disney is an event where middle school and high school bands and choirs from all over the region come together to compete. At the end of their trip, they all get together for an awards ceremony. Let me set the scene:

The awards were being handed out at the Lights, Motors, Action stage - where this usually happens:




Pretty cool, huh? But it's also *huge*. The stadium probably holds 5 to 6 thousand people at a time. Now imagine that stadium filled with 12-18 year olds. Who are out for band-and-show-choir-award blood. Yee-haw! Talk about adrenaline! It was really, really fun. Mickey Mouse even showed up to hand out the awards and he blew me a kiss. Watch out, Minnie.

Aside from work, I got some good quality catching up time with some friends. Jenn Warren, Michael Morgan and Jon Barr were all a part of my week and that is always a good thing!

So, speaking of good things, here is my positive list for today's blog:

*Billy Flanigan. He is an original Mr. Ray in Nemo. He broke is leg 7 or 8 weeks ago and has been out of show since. We miss him a ton at the stage, but he's been keeping a blog to keep everyone up to date with all that's been going on with him and I look forward to reading it every day.

*Pedicures. God bless the people who have to take my toes and turn them from abused to pampered. I cannot tip you enough.

*Halls Defense. I felt a scratchy throat coming on and they help a lot with fighting off whatever is causing the scratchiness - plus they sooth the soreness.

*The ceiling fan. Now that summer weather is upon us once again here in Florida, it is so nice to have that fan going. Full blast. Every single night. I love sleeping in a chilly room with a weighty blanket.

*Encore. Each summer, Disney cast members can participate in a cast choir and orchestra. Tickets are sold for the performances and all of the money raised goes to a local charity. This year the proceeds from the summer concerts are going to the Make a Wish Foundation.

*As already mentioned, good quality catching up time with friends!

*Remember how I got an iPhone? =)

*Being crafty. Mostly crochet. My grandma taught me when I was a kid and I just love it.

*In 11 days I will be in Ohio for an entire weekend for Connor's birthday.

Ok, kids. Time for me to turn in for the night. Hope to be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment