Yesterday I had 3 shows at Nemo and then hopped in the car and drove about an hour to Titusville. Patrick Sullivan, who plays Bruce in our show, put together a cabaret as a fundraiser for the Titusville Playhouse. Nemoans always amaze me when it comes to their generosity and talent. We are always up for supporting a good cause. Either that or we are so desperate to sing something that doesn't start with "in the big blue world" that we're willing to drive a long way, dress up, sing one song and drive back. I choose to think it's the former =)
Seriously, though. It was a great night and it's always fun to see how much the people in "Nemo" can do beyond what you see in the show. I am very proud to know them and I'm very proud to call them my friends.

Today was my long day at work. Saturdays are my 4 show days. I'm in the 1st two shows, have the next one off, then I'm in the last two. Normally, my morning and afternoons are split between 2 roles: Deb in the morning and Peach in the afternoon. Today, because of some scheduling switches this week, I was Peach for all 4 of my shows. *yikes* My knees were rubbed raw from my kneepads and by the time I was pony-ing around a giant sea turtle puppet for the 4th time that day I was t-i-r-e-d!
Ashley Sanchez stopped in this morning with her new little peanut of a son, Maverick. He's a teeny-tiny week-and-a-half-year-old with a full head of hair. Cutie.
Today was also Andrea Daveline's last scheduled day in shows at Finding Nemo. She's going on 5 months preggers and it's time for her to start taking it easy. She and her husband, Adam, will be moving to California this fall, so it might very well be her last show with us ever. In the meantime, she'll still be around the stage now and then on her modified duty. Don't have to say good-bye to them yet!
hee-hee. I typed "duty."
So, now I'm home and gearing up to go back out for a little bit to get some groceries. I really have to remember to keep my market bags in the car so I don't have to make an extra trip home to pick them up. But I just can't justify using all plastic bags when I know I have plenty of reusable ones at home. =)
Here are a few positive things to list for the day:
*lovely springtime weather. I never take it for granted, especially because here in Florida the hot summer comes all too soon.
*My Ohio vehicle registration for my new car FINALLY came through. No more driving to the dealership every 30 days to get yet another temporary tag.
*The windows are open and the air smells like flowers and cut grass.
*I am 2 or so weeks away from getting an iPhone.
*With all of these babies on the way (I think about 6 girls at our stage are preggo) I need to get a head start on all of those baby blankets. I will be the human loom!
Ok, I'm off to the grocery store! Be back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment