One of the things people ask about when I say I live in New York is the food. NYC offers everything from street carts with hot pretzels to 5 star restaurants owned by celebrity chefs. Lots of places that are uniquely "New York." Nowhere else can you get a Grey's Papaya hot dog or a corned beef sandwich from the Carnegie Deli. But sometimes, all you want is the familiar....aka *chain restaurant*
T.G.I.Friday's...
Applebee's...
Ruby Tuesday's...
...OLIVE GARDEN!
A few days ago a commercial came up on my television advertising the never-ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden. I happened to be on Facebook at the time and mentioned it in my status. Long story short, Emily Bodkin and I are now stuffed with pasta, bread, and peach iced tea. My breath reeks of garlic, I ate way too many carbs and I am certain I'll be sitting on the couch unable to move for the rest of the evening, but it was totally worth it. And paying only $8.95 for an entree in New York City is a steal.
Meanwhile, rehearsals are going well. We've learned almost all of the music and we've started staging some of the numbers. It's sort-of crazy, really, what we're trying to accomplish. Sometimes it feels like we're doing the musical theatre equivalent of rubbing our heads and patting our stomachs...while running a marathon. I can't put into words how daunting it is to sing this music, completely a cappella, and then try to do the staging and the acting and the story telling....(and the costume changes - eek!)
It's crazy. I don't think anyone who sees it will recognize what it takes to pull off, but that's ok. I'm loving the challenge. And I think it will all actually *work*.
Positives for the day:
*My aunt and uncle sent a big package from The Popcorn Factory which arrived today. Debating on whether to open it now and dig in or keep it all shrink wrapped until I get into my new sublet next week so it's easier to move.
*Golden Girls. Especially the episodes when they do flashbacks and Sophia has brown hair and the actress who plays a younger Dorothy does a perfect impersonation of Bea Arthur.
*White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Luna Bars
*Cooler weather with the sun still shining
*A working elevator.
*Depositing pay checks
*Word Warp application on the iphone
*Lash Blast mascara
*Sunglasses. They also make good headbands.
*Possible sublet - I'll know for sure tomorrow!
Yea Miss Hannah! I am so glad that I found your blog. It is mucho bueno to hear all of your updates. Glad you found a sublet!!!! Lots of love!
ReplyDelete