I think I am in complete denial about how hard this show is. We've staged 4 or 5 numbers and we've learned almost all of the music. I'll be honest - it's a beast of a show. And I really don't think anyone can understand what it's like getting it up and running unless they've done it. But that's ok. Our job is to make it *look* easy. Which we will do.....eventually! And it'll be worth it, because I think we have something really great here. It's a special project to work on and I think people will love it! Fortunately, even though I might be a bit hard on myself at the moment, our writers and director and music directors have been very supportive!
Tomorrow I move into my new sublet in Hoboken, NJ. I journeyed out there yesterday afternoon to meet the girl I'll be living with and check out the apartment. I don't have a door. Correction: I kind-of don't have an entire wall. It's a room off of the living room and it's divided by two huge curtains. Cara, my new roommate, seems nice and the apartment is cute and clean. I have to get my bearings when it comes to deciphering the bus schedule and trying to figure out when to take the bus into the city and when to take the Path Train. She's lived there for 5 years, so I will be relying on her expertise for a while until I get a better grasp on things!
Even just visiting Hoboken yesterday made me wish I had my car here. If it was still being stored in Ohio I'd drive it over, but it's in Florida right now and it's really not worth the 2 day drive just to have it for the occasional joy ride. But, just knowing I'm on the mainland and not stuck on an island is a nice feeling. Being one step closer to suburbia is a step in the right direction. We'll see how things go. I'm sure it will be fine (not perfect, but fine) and it's only temporary. If it really stinks, I'll find another place. Either way I have a roof over my head and I'm going to make the best of it and I look forward to getting to know Cara a little better.
Since I'm moving once again, I really should get to packing up my suitcases. Today, instead of a positive list, I thought I'd share some of the publicity photos that are being used to promote our show. I think they turned out great!








No comments:
Post a Comment