Things are coming along. It is proving to be quite the task to incorporate all of the elements this show requires. From sound (a cappella! Where's my pitch pipe?) to costumes (quick changes - eek!) to restaging (where does the stroller go?) and rewrites (reprise or transition?) we are all working our patooties off trying to get this baby up and running. There is no half-way with this show. It's all or nothing. If we can get it - really, really GET IT - it will be like nothing you've seen (or heard) onstage before. Fortunately, the cast and creative team are comprised of people who won't settle for less than what it should be. I am proud to work with them. I am trusting them. I'm excited and, admittedly, very anxious to see how it will all fit together. Wednesday is our 1st preview. Here we go...!
Today, however, was a much needed day off. I slept in (mistakenly later than I planned...oops!) Then headed out to get some pampering. Thank you, Modern Nails and Spa, for my $20 pedicure. My feet are grateful for the TLC and my tootsies are now rocking their "Miami Beet" polished nails.
Happies for the day:
*A kid named "Alfredo."
*People magazine and a pedicure
*Being in your pajamas until 2:00.
*Being back in your pajamas at 7:00
*This cast makes each other laugh. Oh, the quotes and inside jokes we've already established...
*Pop Burger
*F.A.O. Schwartz
*Not riding the subway
*Getting off the train to go to the theater and being surrounded by Central Park, the Plaza Hotel, and horses lined up on the sidewalk to pull carriages.
*We're on the marquee:
No comments:
Post a Comment