Thursday, September 9, 2010

I must continue my shameless plugs for this show. Yesterday we went "busking" (we "busked?" we were "buskers?" ??). This was a new term for me, which I had to look up - it just means street performing for money. I guess we weren't *true* "buskers" because we didn't do it for money, we did it for publicity. And we did it so we could film it and give you all a little sneak peak at what's in store for those of you who ask me how to get $20.00 tickets - or those of you who pay full price - and come to see our show!



We've almost finished blocking the show. Today we got about halfway through the final scene before it was time to wrap up rehearsal for the day, so tomorrow we'll finish for sure and then get to go back through the show and make adjustments. Technical rehearsals start one week from today, so I am really grateful to have that much time to go back through it all and polish the staging, the singing and the everything else we have to do! Woo-hoo!

I had my 1st "aha" moment today. You know, one of those moments when you suddenly get it - you're rehearsing and rehearsing and then you get to a point where you let go for a moment and realize "oooohhh.....this is what we're trying to say with this piece. This is what it all leads up to." Up until this point I have been so focused on the tiniest details of notes, staging, props, costume changes, getting pitches, maintaining keys and tempos. And while there is still much work to be done on all of those things, it was good for me to have a moment to remember what it's all for and how it will all pay off.

Happies for the day:

*an "aha" moment.

*the bus came 5 minutes after I got to the bus stop.

*It was borderline chilly outside. Hello, Fall!

*Mary-Mitchell Campbell and Adam Wachter brought us Dunkin' Donuts.

*Au Bon Pain is at the bottom of the escalators from my gate at Port Authority. A large cup of coffee with tax is $1.95 (not bad for NY) And I can make it however I want.

*My parents are coming to opening night. I'm thrilled and so grateful that they're making the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment