Saturday, February 5, 2011

Once again, I've been slacking. I need to remind myself to stop in here more often.

It's been a whirlwind of a year so far. January was a month full of being grateful. I rang in the New Year with Ryan Connoly and Matt Malone at Epcot. The fireworks were the most amazing fireworks I've ever seen. Ever.
EVER. =)



January 6th was Jeff's 31st birthday. I was so proud of myself because I knew what I wanted to get him early on and bought his gift before Christmas. I have yet, however, to actually mail it to him. You'll get it, bro, I promise!!

On January 12th, the Finding Nemo Family welcomed Roger Lewis Warren into the world. We already love his parents, Jenn and Cory and his big sister, Izzy, and are thrilled that he was able to be adopted into the Warren Family!



January 19th I was honored to be a part of the christening ceremony for the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, the "Disney Dream." It was an amazing, over the top, once in a lifetime event complete with Mickey Mouse, Jack Sparrow, and Jennifer Hudson. Only 4 singers were chosen to be a part of the christening and I still can't believe I was one of them!



January 23rd I started a new rider to my Finding Nemo contract. I've been moved back to playing Nemo full time again with an extension to my current contract until March of 2012. I am so, so grateful to have work. And it feels wonderful to know that someone out there wants me around for such a long time. Actors rarely have job security, let alone in such a positive and supportive environment. My job is a complete blessing and I will never take it for granted.

February 1st was my 27th birthday. I was overwhelmed with the (literally) hundreds of Facebook posts, phone calls, texts, and messages that I got that day. Talk about making a girl feel loved!

We also found out this month that Caity Acconcia, Michelle Knight-Hinson and Andrea Daveline will be rejoining our cast once again! Welcome back, ladies!

And now for a bit of a downer in the blog post. My sweet friends, Kyle and Audrey Harden have a 5 month old daughter named Annabelle. Annabelle has been sick for the last month or so, and earlier this week she was readmitted to the hospital. Last night she was put into the NICU and this afternoon was diagnosed with SCID, which is an immunodeficiency disease. She was transported to a hospital in St. Petersburg that (I think) specializes in this kind of illness. It's possible she will need a bone marrow transplant. Kyle and Audrey will be staying with her as she is further diagnosed and treated. This is one of the sweetest, kindest, most loving couples you could ever know. They have gone through other trials in their life together, but have come out of it all even more gracious and grateful to God than before. I'm asking everyone who is reading these words to please pray for this family. Please pray for Annabelle that she will be able to fight this disease until she can be treated and healed. Pray that Kyle and Audrey will find peace in their hearts through all of the unknowns, the worries, the frightening moments, and the frustrations. Pray that Annabelle's doctors will be able to take care of her quickly and efficiently and wisely. And please pray that those of us who know Kyle, Audrey and Annabelle personally will be able to support them and encourage them and help them in any way possible. God can work miracles. There's no reason little Annabelle can't be another one.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you soon! Also, thank you so much for the updates about Annabelle and Audrey and Kyle. Love you!

    ReplyDelete